Emergency Medicine Medical Student Rotation
Our program rotates over a hundred students each year with the goal of developing well rounded physicians for years to come as well as enhancing the residents’ opportunities to teach and lead patient care. Below are some important aspects of the student rotation:
- 2-4 weeks of integrated patient care activities; students work side by side with the residents and attendings in a busy Emergency Department
- Dedicated procedure lab, Emergency ultrasound and SIM education to allow for hands-on training
- Social gatherings with the residents, staff, and students to allow for interaction outside of the work environment
To Schedule a Medical Student Rotation
At SAUSHEC, we accept Medical Student Rotation requests 9 months in advance from the start date. Our rotations are 4 weeks in length, start on a Monday and end on a Friday (excluding Federal Holidays). Requests to rotate can be submitted after Nov 1st or up to 9 months before the rotation. When listing your requested dates please don't include travel days.
To schedule a rotation, please visit the SAUSHEC GME Clerkship website at:
- Copy & Paste the above link directly in the internet browser
- Click the medical student information tab
- Click the SAUSHEC Rotation Request form under step 1 and complete the form.
The form will then auto generate in a separate browser tab. Once you submit the requested form, you will receive an email confirmation. You will receive another e-mail update, once the rotation request is reviewed and forwarded to the ED Clerkship Director for consideration. If we need additional information, we will contact you prior to sending to the department for consideration. You may be asked to include a copy of your CV and Step 1 with your application.
If you are not contacted within 10 days of requesting a rotation, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you in our department and interviewing you as applicants!
GME Contact Information:
SAUSHEC GME Medical Student Coordinators: email@example.com.
Brooke Army Medical Center
Phone: (210) 916-3231
1-800-531-1114 ext. 63231