To provide information and library services for patient care, education, research, administration, and professional development in support of the BAMC mission to promote health and provide quality, compassionate and patient-centered care while developing healthcare professionals and optimizing readiness.
- Military, civilian, and contract employees assigned to BAMC may register to borrow audiovisuals, books, and bound journals. Library materials may be borrowed for 2 weeks and renewed for an additional 2 weeks. Search the online catalog to find titles and check availability.
- All personnel assigned to BAMC may register for an Athens account for remote access to online resources. Once registered, remote access is available through MyAthens.
- Many library resources are also available as apps. The library staff is happy to help you set up mobile access, or you can find the instructions on the library’s intranet site.
- Interlibrary loan (ILL) services are available to obtain articles and books. ILL request forms are linked in EBSCO, Ovid, PubMed, and Scopus, or send your requests to the library email address.
- Reference services are also available. Please call or send your literature search requests to the library email address.
BAMC Medical Library offers numerous online databases that can be accessed on the intranet or through homepage remotely via MyAthens, including:
- Federal Research in Progress
- Joanna Briggs Institute
- Medline through EBSCO, Ovid, and PubMed
- Nursing Consult
- Nursing Reference Center