Self Care Classes
The BAMC APCMH Clinics offer patients classes on multiple topics. Classes presently offered:
- Smoking Cessation: (self referral) Offered by Health Promotions. Call Central Appointments at (210) 916-9900 to enroll.
- Diabetes: (PCM referral) Given by the Diabetes Education Clinic in Internal Medicine, this is a 4 week course which covers management of Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes.
- Obesity: (PCM referral) Classes are given by Nutrition or the IBHC and include diet and exercise education and strategies for success.
- Asthma and COPD: (PCM referral) A Clinical Nurse Specialist (Pulmonary Clinic) or Clinical Pharmacist (FMS) educates patients about the causes, treatment and self management of Asthma and COPD.
- Heart Failure and Cardiac Rehabilitation: (PCM referral) CHF management and monitored exercise offered in the Cardiology Clinic.
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain: (PCM referral) Behavior Health pain specialists offers classes dealing with alternate methods of handling chronic pain and Fibromyalgia management.
DFCM offers the following classes for their Medical Home Patients at the CPT Jennifer M. Moreno Primary Care Clinic. Call (210) 808-2415 and leave your name, last 4 of your sponsors social and what class you are interested in:
- Weight Management Support Group—Learn effective strategies for achieving a healthy weight.