Division of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility (REI)
To provide quality, comprehensive women’s healthcare to DoD beneficiaries, including reproductive endocrine & assisted reproductive technologies.
- Comprehensive Fertility Work-Up & Evaluation
- Treatment for:
- Unexplained infertility
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Developmental Reproductive Issues
- Diminished Ovarian Reserve
- Primary Ovarian Insufficiency
- Tubal Reversal surgery
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) to include Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Pre-Genetic Testing (PGT) of embryos
Andrology services for Intrauterine Insemination cycles are performed by the BAMC main laboratory. Currently, there is no cost associated with IUI sperm wash services.
Embryology services are provided by an outside laboratory. These services include In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF), Pre-Genetic Testing (PGT) of embryos, and Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) cycles. These services are not covered by TRICARE and cost anywhere from $1400 to more than $10,000 depending on the services needed.
IVF is offered 3-times a year at BAMC and patients are placed on a wait list for an average of 6-12 months.
Specific Criteria for Referral
- Must have Tricare Select or Reserve Select to receive care in the BAMC REI Clinic
- Female must be <42 years of age
- Female must have a BMI <35 to receive a work-up and/or fertility treatment
- Patient & partner (if applicable) must be non-smokers
When to Refer
- Women <35 years of age with an inability to conceive a pregnancy after 12-months of regular, unprotected intercourse.
- Women >35 years of age with an inability to conceive a pregnancy after 6-months of regular, unprotected intercourse.
Indications for Immediate Referral
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Known Uterine or Tubal Disease
- Stage III or IV Endometriosis
- Known male factor infertility
- Previous failure of in-vitro fertilization (IVF) at an outside clinic or hospital
- Over two miscarriages
- Newly diagnosed cancer
- Same-sex couples
- Women interested in embryo or oocyte cryopreservation
Prior to Referral
For those presenting to our clinic for an infertility evaluation, please request that your Primary Care Manager order an Anti-Mullerian Hormone level (blood test that can be drawn at any point during the menstrual cycle); a Hysterosalpingogram (HSG – performed in Radiology between menstrual cycle days 6 -12); and a Semen Analysis for the male partner (if applicable).
Brooke Army Medical Center is committed to the long-term health of all patients and strongly encourages all patients with a BMI more than 30 to actively engage in a weight reduction/health maintenance program during or prior to infertility treatment.
People who use tobacco products (smoking, chewing, vaping) will be required to quit for 3-months prior to starting fertility treatment. Those with a history of tobacco use will undergo a blood test to confirm they have no nicotine in their system.