Brooke Army Medical Center Temporary Visitation Policy
EFFECTIVE 24 August 2021
In support of our patients and families, we are carefully modifying our visitation policy. The health and safety of our patients, visitors, staff and our community remain our top priority.
BAMC will allow visitors/escorts into the facility from 8 a.m.-9 p.m. See the following for specific details: (exceptions are at the discretion of clinic leadership)
- Pediatric Outpatients: 1 adult caregiver (no additional children preferred)
- Adult Outpatients: 1 primary caregiver for cognitively impaired adults and 1 primary support person for all others (at the discretion of provider and clinic leadership)
- Obstetric Outpatients: 1 primary support person
- Labor and Delivery (including postpartum): 1 primary support person throughout the hospital stay and 1 additional interchangeable visitor per day
- Pediatric Inpatients/Surgery Patients (ward, ICU, same day surgery and planned admissions): 2 escorts
- Adult Ambulatory/Same day Surgeries: 1 escort until discharge
- Surgery with Planned Admission: 1 escort may remain in the building until the surgeon completes the case and discusses it with him/her. (Patient must agree to the sharing of the information with the escort/family member); Ward visitation as dictated by Hospital Policy.
- Emergency Department: 1 visitor
- All NON-COVID Inpatients (not listed above): 1 visitor per patient at a time from 8 a.m.-9 p.m. (no limit to the number of visitors during visitation hours). Visitors should be provided with a surgical mask while visiting.
- All COVID Inpatients (not listed above): No visitations at this time. Exceptions to policy must be approved at command level.
Screening visitors is conducted at the unit/clinic level: Visitors will be screened and restricted from visiting, regardless of their vaccination status, if they have: current SARS-CoV-2 infection; symptoms of COVID-19 or have otherwise met criteria for quarantine.
Visits for patients who share a room should comply with infection prevention and control practices, including physical distancing and source control.
For questions/concerns, please ask a member of the patient’s healthcare team.
For all patients and visitors:
- Visitors who are sick will not be permitted to enter patient care facilities.
- Visitors may be re-screened by BAMC personnel at their discretion.
- Everyone must wear a face covering according to current guidance.
- Everyone should practice social distancing measures as appropriate.
- We encourage patients to remain closely connected to their loved ones through virtual means including Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, and phone.
Note: Please be careful not to impede healthcare, display HIPAA information, or include patients or staff who have not consented to being filmed/photographed.
Thank you for your patience and support as we work to ensure everyone’s safety!
* Guidance is subject to change based on new or additional information.
For updates and resources, visit: