Brooke Army Medical Center Temporary Visitation Policy
EFFECTIVE 08 MARCH 2022
In support of our patients and families, we are carefully modifying our visitation policy. The health and safety of our patients, visitors, staff and our community remain our top priority.
BAMC will allow visitors/escorts into the facility from 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. See the following for specific details or exceptions:
- Pediatric Outpatients: 2 adult caregivers (no additional children preferred; exceptions are at the discretion of clinic leadership)
- Adult Outpatients: 1 primary caregiver for cognitively impaired adults and 1 primary support person for all others (at the discretion of provider and clinic leadership)
- Obstetric Outpatients: 2 primary support persons
- Labor and Delivery (including postpartum): Up to 3 visitors per patient. 2 full time support persons (these individuals are not interchangeable) and 1 secondary (this person can be swapped out for other visitors). Visitors can be present on the unit 24/7.
- Pediatric Surgery Patients: Ward, ICU, same-day surgery and planned admissions: 2 escorts permitted
- Adult Ambulatory/Same-day Surgeries: 1 escort permitted until discharge
- Surgery with Planned Admission: 1 escort may remain in the building until the surgeon completes the case and discusses it with the escort. (Patient must agree to the sharing of information with the escort/family member.)
- Emergency Department: 2 visitors
- All NON-COVID Inpatients (not listed above): 2 visitors per patient, (no limit to the number of visitors in a 24-hour period). Visitation after 9 p.m. may be limited to allow patient to sleep at discretion of unit leadership.
- All COVID Inpatients: No visitations at this time. Exceptions to policy must be approved at the unit level.
Visitor screening is conducted at the unit/clinic level. Visitors will be screened and restricted from visiting, regardless of their vaccination status if they have a current SARS-CoV-2 infection, symptoms of COVID-19, or have otherwise met criteria for quarantine. Visitors of patients who share a room should comply with infection prevention and control practices, including physical distancing and source control. For questions/concerns, please ask a member of the patient’s healthcare team.
For all patients and visitors:
- Visitors who are sick will not be permitted to enter patient care facilities.
- Visitors may be re-screened by BAMC personnel at their discretion.
- Everyone must wear a face covering according to current guidance.
- Everyone should practice social distancing measures as appropriate.
- We encourage patients to remain closely connected to their loved ones through virtual means including Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, and phone.
Note: Please be careful not to impede healthcare, display HIPAA information, or include patients or staff who have not consented to being filmed/photographed.
*Guidance is subject to change based on new or additional information
For updates and resources, visit: