Medical Readiness Clinic Guide
PHA PART I Online Instructions:
Instructions for Service Members to access Part 1 of PHA through the Medical Readiness Portal.
A secure connection or government computer is required to access the website.
- Use the website (Google Chrome) https://medpros.mods.army.mil/portal/
- Page displays Medical Readiness Portal
- Press “Agree” to the Medical Readiness Portal
- Press “Agree” once more when prompted
- Click on PERIODIC HEALTH ASSESSMENT under the Self-Service section. May have to scroll down to see the Self Service section.
- Once the MHA HOMEPAGE is accessed, clicked on the “PHA” tab.
- After clicking the PHA tab, click the “START NEW SURVEY” button to begin a new form.
- Complete Member portion, confirm data, and ‘SAVE’ form. CONFIRM that the PHA status reads “MEMBER COMPLETE”. If it does not say “MEMBER COMPLETE”, click on “VIEW”, update form, and save.
- Be sure to save the form, otherwise, your provider will not be able to access the form at time of your appointment.
- Any problems with the PHA form, Service Members may call the MODS help desk at 1-877-256-6477
PHA PART 2 Instructions:
- Call Medical Readiness Clinic at (210) 808-2588 or (210) 295-4951 to schedule an appointment for Part 2.
- Telephone appointment option ONLY for PHA and Pre-Deployment, call 1-844-VMEDCEN (863-3236), VIPPRS Clinic.
- All soldiers over 35 years of age will require labs drawn (cholesterol/glucose). Need to fast for 12 hours prior to blood draw (no eating after 7:30 pm; can only drink water). Soldiers can walk-in at ANY SAMMC lab (SAMMC Phlebotomy Lab, 1st Floor, CPT Jennifer M. Moreno Primary Care Clinic Lab, or the SPC Taylor J. Burk Clinic Lab on Camp Bullis), during normal duty hours, and Must request PHA lab (Lipid/Glucose).
- FEMALES must be up-to-date with their Well Woman Exams.
- Call the appointment line at (210) 916-9900 to schedule a Well Woman Exam with your PCM.
- Females over 40 years of age need to call Mammography at (210) 916-4229 to schedule a mammogram appointment. A referral is not required to schedule a mammogram.
McWethy Troop Medical Clinic (TMC) Optometry, 3051 Garden Ave, Bldg 1279, Ft Sam Houston, TX
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday, 6:00 am - 3:00 pm, and Friday 6:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 6:00 am – 7:30 am, Sick Call for Active Duty in training status (students) ONLY. All others must call the CAMO appointment line at (210) 916-9900 from 6:30 am to 4:30 pm to schedule an appropriate evaluation.
- Routine Eye care 7:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Closed at 12:00 pm EVERY Friday afternoon for training.
Location: Rhodes Dental Clinic (Permanent Party)
- Walk-in Hours: Physicals: 6:00 am – 7:30 am
- MEDPROS Updates/Driver's license forms: 6:00 am – 2:30 pm (Screening only, no exam)
- Ordering/repairing/fitting glasses: 6:00 am -- 2:30 pm
2940 Stanley Rd, Bldg 2940, Ft Sam Houston, TX
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday, 6:00 am – 3:00 pm (Closed on Training day Thursdays, 12:00 – 1:00 pm)
Location: Budge Dental Clinic (Trainees/Students)
- Morning Sick Call: 6:15 am – 9:30 am daily
- Front Desk: (210) 295-4156
3145 Garden Ave, Bldg 1278, Ft Sam Houston, TX
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday, 6:00 am – 2:30 pm (Closed on Training day Thursdays, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm)
- Morning Sick Call: 6:00 am – 10:00 am daily
- Front Desk: (210) 808-3735 / (210) 808-3736
Army Hearing Program
- Location: McWethy TMC Medical Readiness Clinic (South Entrance), 3051 Garden Ave, Bldg 1279, Ft Sam Houston, TX (corner of Schofield Rd & Garden Ave). Enter through left entrance.
- Appointments: Scheduled via Central Appointment Line at 210-916-9900 or online via MHS Genesis Patient Portal
- Walk-In Hours for Active Duty in Training Status ONLY: Monday – Friday, 0615-0715
- Location: McWethy TMC Medical Readiness Clinic, (South Entrance), 3051 Garden Ave, Bldg 1279, Ft Sam Houston, TX corner of Schofield Rd & Garden Ave). Enter through left entrance.
- Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 6:00 am – 2:30 pm; last walk in appointment is 2:30 pm.
- Every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month, 6:00 am – 12:00 pm; last walk in appointment is 11:30 am
- Front Desk: (210) 295-4951 or (210) 808-2588
- Soldiers can walk-in at ANY SAMMC lab (SAMMC Phlebotomy Lab, 1st Floor, CPT Jennifer M. Moreno Primary Care Clinic Lab, or the SPC Taylor J. Burk Clinic Lab on Camp Bullis), during normal duty hours, and request PHA lab (standing order in effect).
- Inform the staff you need HIV screening for medical readiness.