Infectious Disease Clinic
The Infectious Diseases Clinic is an outpatient ambulatory clinic located on the 3rd floor of the Medical Mall. We perform complete medical evaluation of HIV-infected Department of Defense (DOD) beneficiaries in the San Antonio Military Medical Center catchment area at least every six months. Many of our HIV-positive patients are actively enrolled in ongoing research protocols in coordination with the Henry M. Jackson Foundation. We provide telephonic and limited on-site consultative services to all military hospitals worldwide. Our focus is on early intervention to delay disease progression and promoting optimal health. The Infectious Diseases Clinic also provides infectious disease consultative and follow-up care to eligible surgical and medical inpatients and outpatients.
- Evaluate and manage the entire spectrum of infectious diseases including bacterial, viral, fungal, rickettsial, mycobacterial, and parasitic infections as well as events related to bioterrorism
- Optimize antibiotic regimens for complex inpatient and chronic outpatient infections
- Provide care to military personnel diagnosed with osteomyelitis (bone infection) due to traumatic injuries
- Provide pre-travel advice, and post-travel evaluations for travel related/tropical diseases
- Provide comprehensive care for HIV-positive patients at all stages of the HIV disease
- Provide additional support through our Chest, Travel, PrEP, and STD Clinics
Patients may self-refer to be seen in our International Travel and Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis for HIV Clinics. Male patients may self-refer to be seen in our STD clinic. All patients must have an appointment to be seen.