JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO, Texas –
A team of researchers is conducting an observational study involving active duty service members who have received COVID-19 vaccines. The Vaccine Effectiveness and Immune Response of SARS-CoV-2 Vaccines in Active Military Personnel study aims to help the Defense Department better understand how well COVID-19 vaccines protect service members.
“The VIRAMP study will assess vaccine protection against both symptomatic and asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection, including emerging variants,” said Air Force Col. (Dr.) Jason F. Okulicz, Infectious Disease physician and principal investigator, Brooke Army Medical Center.
Study participants must:
- Be active duty service members 18-65 years of age stationed at Joint Base San Antonio.
- Have received or are planning to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Be willing to provide blood and saliva samples as required throughout the study.
- Be healthy at the time of enrollment.
- Not anticipate military separation or deployment within six months of enrollment.